About Asteroid Day
Asteroid Day as observed annually on June 30th is the United Nations sanctioned day of public awareness of the risks of asteroid impacts. Our mission is to educate the public about the risks and opportunities of asteroids year-round by hosting events, providing educational resources and regular communications to our global audience on multiple digital platforms.
How it started…
Asteroid Day was co-founded by astrophysicist and famed musician Dr Brian May of the rock group Queen, Apollo 9 astronaut Rusty Schweickart, filmmaker Grig Richters, and B612 Foundation President Danica Remy, to educate the public about the importance of asteroids –their role in the formation of our solar system, their impact in space resources and the importance of defending our planet from future impacts. Asteroid Day is observed annually on June 30th to mark the date of Earth’s largest asteroid impact in recorded history, the Siberia Tunguska event.
It is our pleasure to extend an invitation to all the participants of Cosmic Kids Club (CKC) and the National Champions of National Astronomy Challenge (NAC) for the UN Declared Asteroid Day on June 30th, 2021. A global program that it is observed to mark Earth’s largest asteroid impact - the Siberian Tunguska Asteroid event. We have confirmed seats for all our CKC members and NAC champions.
We are also extending an open invitation to all our participants of International Asteroid Discovery Program (IADP), Cosmic Jaunt, National Astronomy Challenge to join us for this amazing session. Since we have limited seats, we shall be taking up registrations on first come first basis only. We hope to see everyone there.
Grades : 4 - 6
Session Time : 4.30pm-5.30pm (IST)
Grades : 7 - 9
Session Time : 6.00pm-7.00pm (IST)
LIMITED SEATS : First Come, First To Register
- Admission to the webinar is free but strictly through invitation.
- Members of Cosmic Kids Club (CKC) and The Champions of National Astronomy Challenge ( all NACs) have confirmed seats.
- This invitation is also extended to /NAC / IADP / Cosmic Jaunt participants , however will be first come and first to register.
- Once you register, please ensure your presence as your absence may cost an opportunity for other astronomy & space enthusiast.
- In case you are not attending please inform us so that your reservation can be transferred to another student.
- We request you to check your mails and whats app as we will share the webinar details on your registered id’s only.
- The registered participants will get the zoom link on their registered email id on June 29th, 2021.